10.19.2012

Vintage Sheet Laptop Messenger


I was in desperate need of a laptop bag.  The one that I had was the traditional black canvas number that was both ubiquitous and blah (and also long gone because I trashed it.)  So I decided it was high-time to make myself one when I resorted to carrying my computer around in a flimsy totebag from World Market.

So I rounded up some linen that I had, selected a bright and playful vintage sheet and also some vintage strapping trim that I bought, and set to work.  This baby turned out waaaaay better than I had anticipated especially since I didn't necessarily have a direction that I was going in.


It has 3 zippered compartments: the main bag, a tiny zippered pocket in the lining, and the accented outside zippered pocket.  The accent pocket is quilted and padded, while the main body is double padded.  And it is so HUGE.  I have a pretty typical Dell laptop, so I went off of that measurement.  I didn't want the bag to fit snugly though.  The body can hold the laptop,the charger, and probably a couple of books.  The accent pocket can hold a few incidentals as well.  I keep flash drives and other tiny cords in the smaller interior pocket.






To make it fun, I also lined the bag in vintage sheets.  I just love this pansy print.  I have been trying my best not to use it until I had something special in mind for it.  I think this is a good use of the print.  The zippers were some vintage ones that I bought at a thrift store.  I knew they would come in handy one day.  



Another favorite feature of this bag to me is the strap.  I love this natural colored trim with salmon top-stitching   When I found this stuff at the thrift store I snatched up as much as I could help.  I have it in about 3 or 4 colors.  This "webbing" makes such a good strap because it is comfortable and slightly padded.  It doesn't dig in you from carrying around the weight of the laptop.  And it blends in really well.  I'm not sure from what fiber it is made, but it has the weave; texture; and color of  the linen I used.  Plus the stitching matches the print and the zipper.



Can't wait to take this out more!!

2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! So cute and stylish! LOVE it!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so CUTE girl....work it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.