12.11.2011

Pretty Little Stockings

I have been on a digitizing and embroidering kick lately. I have slowly been trying to encourage myself to sew more, but all it seems I can do is whip out embroidery machine designs and stitch them out by the half dozens. Well at least I'm doing something creative. I mean it kinda is sewing....

Today I digitized a cutesy little Christmas stocking. Let me correct that a cutesy teeny Christmas stocking. It measures about 3.75 inches by 3.75 inches at its widest points. The opening of the boot is 2.5 inches wide, leaving just enough space to fit a gift card down into.


I've cranked out 7 of these so far. Two of them I forgot to add hangers to... Oops!




These will make cute gifts for classes of little kids, gift card holders, ornaments, or as actually stockings to stuff little trinkets in. They are quilted and made all in the embroidery machine without any extra sewing. I'm actually getting pretty good at this digitizing stuff. And they don't take long to stitch out, just a couple of minutes.











I made them with vintage sheet scraps and a little bit of batting. I think I may piece together some vintage sheet scraps to make them patchwork.






I'll be adding a few to the shop soon.

What have you created for Christmas lately?

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are so talented your stockings are wonderful. I have just found your lovely blog through the blog on Sunday link wonderful to join in. I'm now following you hope you visit me and follow back so nice to find new friends to catch up with. Have a great day.
    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so cute! I love how small they are! Almost the size of my son's foot : )

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.