5.27.2013

Strawberry Mango Lemonade


If you follow me on Instagram, then you know that I have been on a bit of a natural food/beverage kick lately.  I've made everything from smoothies to detox water to homemade limeades.  I have made plain lemonade, but I wanted to have a drink with a little bit of a twist to it.  So I made Strawberry Mango Lemonade.  Here's how I did it.


I roughly chopped up some strawberries and a mango.  You could use frozen if you have it.  I then put it in my food processor.  Ordinarily I would puree it in my blender, but my blender decided to commit suicide not too long ago, therefore leaving me stuck with my food processor until I can get it fixed.  If you need to, add a little bit of water to your fruit blend.  Blend it as much as possible until it becomes uniform.  Add this mixture to your pitcher.  I used a regular quart-sized pitcher.  Add water about three-quarters of the way full.  I then juiced 3 lemons.  I could have used one or two extra, but I like the flavor it has.  Add a half cup to three-quarters cup of sugar.  Fill the remainder of the pitcher with water.  I topped it off with adding several lemon slices to the lemonade, so that when it chills the lemon-y flavor with infuse with the rest of the drink.



Wait until it gets cold for a couple of hours and then enjoy it on a nice, hot day as a cool and healthy refreshment!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.