9.27.2011

Hello, Fall!

Ah, my favorite time of year is upon us! Finally! What a sweltering summer we've had. I love fall time in Alabama; actually I love Alabama's climate, but autumn makes it that much better. Fall, here, is mild and comfortable, pants or shorts weather, great for longer skirts and cardigans, not cold but not deathly humid....just right. I've been working on an autumn wardrobe for the tot, mostly consisting of skirts. Of course she loves skirts; she's such a girly girl. I've been trying to use fall like colors and textures, ya know, denim and corduroy and lightweight wool. Here are a few bottoms I have been working on for her.

paperbag corduroy skirt





I triple stitched the hem for a little decorative topstitching.


pleated denim skirt





halloween pants



I'm usually big on making seasonal themed clothing for the simple fact that it will only last for that season. But I had this fabric lying around and figured I would use it before she outgrows what I have and it be a waste. Besides I think this fabric is uber-cute! There is a yellow jersey peasant top that is going along with it that I embroidered Happy Halloween on. I just need to add elastic and the outfit will be completed.

Speaking of embroidery! I've digitized a couple of Halloween phrases for t-shirts and such. I need to upload them soon. Here they are:



I've been trying to work on my manual digitizing skills. I've actually got a lot of things that I have digitized so far. I just haven't had time to stitch them out or blog about them. I will have to get some of my machine embroidery stuff blogged about soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have been busy. I love them all. What a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.