1.23.2012

Weekend Sewing

This weekend I drafted a new pattern for a little girl's gathered tunic that I think turned out fairly well.

It features set-in sleeves, double layer of ruffles, an inverted center pleat and a button closure.






I think this would look nice in a more subtle print as well. Maybe I'll take out one of the ruffles next time. It definitely lends to different adaptations.

I also made a little rag dolly. I was inspired by Becoming Martha's Ragdoll Tutorial
that I had to give something like it a try. So I grabbed some paper and drew out 2 templates (one for the doll itself and another to make the hair and underwear).





She's still unclothed. I have to sew up her leg and draw on her eyes. I used broadcloth for her body, textured felt for her hair, and a scrap of vintage sheets for her undies. I'm rather pleased with it, and my daughter already loves her. She woke up to me stuffing her and immediately wanted to help.

Well that was my weekend. What did you create this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. what a cute tunic! :) thanks for linking up to {sew} modern monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.